Advantages of Indoor Boat Storage
If you use your boat year-round, you may be able to get away with storing your boat in a slip. But if you can’t use your boat regularly and need to store it for long periods of time, you will want to consider an indoor storage unit for your boat. This is a great option for a number of reasons: it reduces wear and tear on the boat by keeping it out of the elements, it helps prevent theft and damage, and it allows you to keep the boat cleaner for your next use.
- Rinse your boat after taking it out of the water. Rinsing your boat with freshwater prevents rust, corrosion, and other damage. Rinsing your boats and trailers prevents the spread of aquatic invasive species from one lake to another. And in some cities like Lake Havasu City, Arizona, it’s actually the law.
- Flush your engine after each use. This will help prevent corrosion.
- Winterize your boat. Before storing for a long period of time in a storage unit, especially in colder climates, you need to remove the water from your boat’s system and replace with potable antifreeze, which prevents ice forming inside.
- Eliminate moisture before covering your boat. Before placing your cover on your boat and storing for a long period of time, you need to remove all moisture to prevent mold and mildew from forming. This can permanently damage any upholstery, carpeting, and wood in your boat.
- Cover your boat. A tight fitting shrink wrap is ideal. But cloth cover is the next best option. This prevents dust, mice, and other rodents from entering your boat in your storage unit.
Store Your Boat at Luxelocker
Interested in reserving a unit? Reserve now. Get in touch with a representative who can answer any questions, concerns or inquiries. Luxelocker offers vehicle storage in Richland, Washington; Boise, Idaho; Phoenix, Arizona; Chandler, Arizona; Glendale, Arizona; Lake Havasu City, Arizona; Prescott, Arizona; Spanish Springs, Nevada; and Henderson, Nevada.