Storage units in Richland, Washington
The role the town played in the US nuclear arsenal drove growth and became the seed to the high tech business economy Richland enjoys today. Nuclear weapons research and production kept the town booming until operations ceased in 1987. Since then, the town has attracted technology firms, medical centers, and expanding higher education.
Demand for Storage Is Growing
Richland, Washington is experiencing growing demand for storage. Demand drivers include:
- Population continues to grow, now topping 58,000. The 2010 census counted 48,000
- The area is home to the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) and the nearby Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory attracts researchers and has seeded new businesses.
- Its central location and good transportation makes it attractive for distribution businesses like the Preferred Freezer Services Warehouse, the largest cold-storage facility in the
- Defense businesses still operate here, including Bechtel, AECOM, EnergySolutions, CH2M Hill, Lockheed Martin, Jacobs Engineering Group, and Centerra
- Washington State University opened in
- The Kadlec Regional Medical Center and the Columbia Basic College Medical Training Center have large facilities
The population growth and vibrant business community drive storage demand as people often need places to store things when moving and entrepreneurs need space for equipment and to store product.
Richland, Washington is located at the confluence of the Yakima and Columbia rivers. It is a mecca for boating, water skiing, fishing, kayaking and waterfowl hunting. People need extra space for their sports gear and vehicles.
Storage unit locations in Richland, WA
Because Richland, Washington is a town on the grow, it is no wonder that many of the leading national and regional storage unit brands have facilities in the area. As the time of writing this article, Yelp lists 40 storage unit facilities in Richland, WA.
The climate in Richland is considered a semi-arid shrub-steppe environment, which puts climate controlled units in high demand. Additionally, most sites offer space for recreation vehicles and boats.
If you are shopping for storage unit space, tour the physical structures, get information about maintenance and security, and understand varying amenities packages. Not all storage facilities are alike.
Luxelocker offeres exceptional amenities
Renting or owning storage space in a facility that offers extras doesn’t only make financial sense; it can protect your belonging and add to the convenience of using the facility. Luxelocker is one of the leaders among top tier facilities. Among the benefits their property offers are:
- Security with gated 24/7 access, security cameras, and LED lighting on the exterior of all facilities
- Fire safety ensured by fire sprinkler systems for all units
- Easy access with wide aisles a minimum of 60’ in width
- Enhanced on-site with restrooms and shower facilities, WIFI, dumpsters, wash stations, common water and hose bibs, and a sewer dump station
- Attractive landscaping, regular maintenance, and frequent cleaning
- Well lighted, high ceiling individual units, fitted with electrical outlets and insulated doors